Are you interested in joining a career mentoring programme?
Welcome and thank you for your interest in the City Sikhs (CS) mentoring programme which is a 9 month course designed to develop professional leadership for our members.
Our objective is to create a fulfilling and rewarding experience for mentors and mentees alike. To support that we have put together a mentoring guide which outlines what you can expect from us and what we expect from you, and it is aimed at both people already on the programme and for people considering joining the programme in the future.
The eligibility requirements for mentors and mentees include:
A LinkedIn profile
Working or studying within a recognised organisation
Acceptance with the code of conduct as outlined in this document
In addition mentors must have:
10+ years industry experience within their career path
Benefits of Mentoring:
- Mentorship is a great way to sound out ideas, have someone point out new avenues, be given advice, be motivated and be challenged by someone who is a role model.
- Receive three one-to-one 45 minute meetings over a 9 month period.
- Co-create a personalised two-to-five year development plan with guidance from a mentor which will include both professional and non-professional development.
- Mentorship is a very direct form of seva, where a mentor can use their professional experience to directly help people from the community.
- Leverage your industry expertise and build your own mentoring and coaching experience.
- By giving just a few hours of your time every quarter, you can make a real difference, creating leaders through developing their personal and professional skills.
- Support the next generation advance.
The Application Process:
You can apply to join as a mentor or mentee at any time in the year although we only review applications ONCE a year in February so it may be up to 12 months before you hear from us. If you have not heard from us after 12 months then it may be that your initial application was unsuccessful or that we were over subscribed and did not have enough mentors to match up with mentees. We would encourage you to reapply giving as much supporting information as possible.
The following process is the general flow that candidates pass through:
- Complete and submit your application online
- Successful mentees receive an email with details of their matched mentor with 5 days to accept or reject their assigned mentor from the date of the email
- Mentors contact mentees and the process starts
Note: See the timeline in the mentoring guide for the full process
Once you are accepted and start a 9 month mentoring programme either as a mentee or a mentor we will need you to complete the short 2 minute feedback form after every mentoring session. This helps us to ensure we are collectively delivering a high quality mentoring experience for everyone.
One who works for what he eats, and gives some of what he has – O Nanak, he knows the Path. ||1||
Whoever, as Gurmukh, serves and works hard, is molded and shaped in the true mint of the Shabad, the Word of God. ||2||
In the Saadh Sangat, all one’s works are brought to fruition.
© City Sikhs Foundation. All rights reserved. Registered UK Charity number: 1160843.