We ran our first Sikh Retreat in 2011 which was attended by 60 people. It was the UK’s first Sikh personal development weekend retreat packed with fun, relaxation, Yoga, meditation, interactive workshops from prominent speakers, a peaceful location, blissful music and great food.
This retreat has just three simple objectives:
- Network with awesome people
- De-stress and revitalise yourself in an open and relaxed environment
- Enrich your life some more
Here are the retreat’s highlights:
- 3 days, 2 nights of personal development, professional networking and fun activities with a spiritual twist
- Meet 60 awesome people
- Beautiful location only 30 minutes from Liverpool Street Station
- Enjoy fully catered, quality accommodation
- Interactive workshops by prominent speakers on leadership, healthy relationships and how you can enrich your life
- Daily Nitnem, and yoga and meditation classes
- An evening of beautiful melodious Kirtan
Top 8 Reasons to Attend the Self-Enrichment Weekend Retreat
- If you’re interested in making positive changes to your life then this is definitely the place to be because that’s our core focus for 3 days!
- You won’t have to take any time off work because you can arrive by 7pm on Friday, settle in and have dinner at 8pm. On Sunday we will finish nice and early by 3pm, so you can get back home.
- Discover the secrets to massive and rapid implementation. Knowledge is important… but the difference between the 1% and the rest is what they do with the knowledge they acquire. By the time we’re done, you’ll leave the retreat with excellent tools to make many new things happen in 2011
- You’ll have an opportunity to network with other amazing people who are Sikh, spiritual and professionals, graduates and students
- You’ll spend 3 days and 2 nights away from the hustle and bustle of the City in fully catered, quality accommodation so you can de-stress and relax.
- There will be Daily Nitnem, Yoga and Meditation classes to help you reconnect to your inner self
- Learning will be done in fun, interactive workshop formats by prominent speakers so you get to find out more about the other campers and learn some cool stuff too!
- Saturday evening will include an evening of melodious Kirtan
Who Should Attend the Weekend Retreat?
The retreat is aimed at the adult market of working professionals, graduates and students. People who wish to experience something new and immerse themselves in a weekend dedicated to self-enrichment, self-empowerment and self-fulfilment. People of other religions, or of none, are welcomed with open arms.
How Much Will It Cost?
The full fee to attend the CSN Self-Enrichment Weekend Retreat 2011 is just £120, which includes accommodation, food and all the workshops for the weekend.
Why Your Friends and Key Family Members Should Also Attend the Weekend
If you have some close friends or family that value personal growth and you think they would be interested in sharing a weekend journey of self-enrichment then encourage them to purchase a ticket too because having close friends and family that are all empowered in life will greatly help you on your path.
What should you bring?
A few things. 1. Casual, comfortable clothing, 2. a Nitnem Gutka if you have one, 3. washing stuff (shower gel, toothpaste, toothbrush etc.) and 4. a towel! Also, for the yoga and meditation sessions it is advised to bring clothing suitable for basic exercising and a shawl or blanket in case the mornings are a bit chilly.
What type of accommodation and food will there be?
The accommodation will be split into mens and womens dorms, consisting of comfortable bunk beds. Each room has its own en-suite bathroom and shower facilities. Vegetarian meals will be provided, and we can accommodate special dietary needs.
What makes the retreat unique?
Since the City Sikhs Network is the largest organisation of Sikh professionals in the UK, made up of students, graduates and professionals, we have created a new flavour of Sikh retreat: a professional, relaxed yet spiritual retreat focussing on personal development and our individual growth, fulfilment and enrichment, a place where we can all grow as individuals together.
How do I register my interest?
We have not run a City Sikhs retreat since 2011 however if we receive enough interest for the future we can consider organising another event. If you’d like us to organise this type of event please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is your refund policy?
There is no a refund policy on any paid City Sikhs events.